Tuesday 6 November 2012

::Ponderings::What does creating give you?

I was thinking about it this morning on my way to the train station.
Creating something with my hands is an activity I enjoy because, for me, it's a form of meditation.
When I'm creating I am completely focused on what I'm doing. I forget about everything else, literally, and just enjoy doing something I love.
I'm taking it one step at a time and I am all about the here and right now.

A swatch I made for an online short rows course
Knitting is a good example. You can only knit an item one stitch at a time, one row at a time, one piece at a time.
At the moment I do smaller, simple and quick projects. I'm all about the instant gratification of quick results, but I think I need to get a bit more ambitious and start tackling larger more complex projects that require a bit more brain power.

What does creating give you?

Until next time, I hope your loving every moment of creating.
Vanessa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.