Friday 25 May 2012

::Show & Tell:: Finished Objects - Sorbetto and Granny Throw

Last weekend was a nice change from the usual and I had some time on my hands. So I thought I'd better put it to good use. I've had a couple of UFO's (unfinished objects) sitting around for awhile waiting for a couple of finishing touches so I thought I'd better tackle them and gain a sense of accomplishment rather than start on any new projects-which is what I usually do.

It's something that I always do. Start a project; not finish it; start another project; not finish it; start another project.... See a pattern here? Anyway moving along...

First off the rank was my Sorbetto top, I belatedly posted here, that needed the binding resewn.

Close up of my hand stitching-you probably
can't see it, but that's how I like it  :)
Now my Sorbetto can be worn
(Ignore the dotty shower cap in
the background - I said Ignore :P)

I tried sewing in my craft room, but because I was sewing black on black I couldn't see what I was doing. So I moved out to our little sunny balconet and had the job done in 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES-WHY HADN'T I FINISHED THIS OFF EARLIER? Silly!

Anywho, with that project done and under my belt my eyes scanned over to my Tri-Colour Granny Square Throw. Now I've been working on this puppy for years. YEARS. Granted it was an on-again-off-again love affair. I had decided not so long ago that I wanted to do a couple more rounds before I finished off. But Then I thought, Naaah :). So I just wove in what loose ends were there and it was ready to go. 5 minutes max. I've ravelled this my blanket here.

Where the Granny Square Throw shall reside
And that my dears is the tale of how putting things off is silly.

Until next time, I hope you have many projects to keep you occupied unfinished AND finished,
Vanessa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.