Tuesday 23 April 2013

::Show & Tell:: Craft Room Shuffle

Sooo. You know how I was talking about getting a sewing cabinet here
WELL IT'S IN MY CRAFT ROOM! 

Mr S and I collected it in the form of 3 flat packs from the shop a couple of weekends ago on Saturday morning and spent the rest of the day putting the beast together. The arrival of my new sewing cabinet instigated a shuffle in the craft room (I forgot to take before shots - woops).

Here is the first peak into my craft room as you enter the room.

Here are my pair of Poang chairs. There's my pillow mum bought me for my birthday (posted about here)
This is where you will find me reclining with a good sewing book or with my trusty seam ripper.


In the corner behind where I will be sitting to sew is my Expedit bookcase with a few inserts. There's my thread spool holder and trusty stereo of course. I'll need to give this a tidy because there is still a lot of stuff in there that belongs in the study.
Now here is the main event. So this is my new Horn Kensington cabinet. Here he is all folded up hiding all my goodies away. Then....

...he folds out to a massive amount of room! I'm most excited about the back swing table. It's lovely and wide and pretty simple to setup and pack down. So great!


You may have noticed that I don't currently have a seat to sit at my sewing machine with. I was contemplating getting a sewing chair from Horn, but then decided that for a similar price I would be able to get a more ergonomic chair. But I haven't got one yet. At the moment I'm using one of the foot stools from the Poang chairs. Not the best but it does the job. I've got my eye on this one, but we will see. I'm saving up my pennies for my chair.


It the sizing of furniture worked out perfectly. I'm able to open the doors on both the wardrobe and the expedit without hitting the sewing cabinet/table. But I do pop the foot rests up on the arms of the Poangs just to give me a little extra room to move around.

I was running out of room so I stashed my Malm drawers in the wardrobe. Ignore the mess. I SAID IGNORE IT! :) Obviously this picture was taken at a different time to the rest. I forgot to take a picture of my wardrobe/drawer combo the other day and quickly ducked in there to take a quick piccy the other evening :)

The reshuffle has made it start to become a place I quite like hanging out in. So I'm really enjoying the setup now. I'll like it even better once I've got a chair.

Until next time, I hope you're enjoying your creative space,
Vanessa xo

P.S. I have no affiliation with any of the companies that I have linked to in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.