Saturday 6 April 2013

::Show & Tell:: Stitch & Craft Show - March 2013

Things have been a little quiet around this blog as things have been happening behind the scenes. I've got lots to catchy you up on so lets get straight into it. :)

In the last weekend of May I went to the Brisbane Stitch & Craft Show. I had suggested to go as part of the monthly Craft Group (formally the CWA group I mentioned here). So I met up with a couple at the craft group ladies before we went into the show. My friend Sarah & her mum met us in there afterwards (read Sarah's post about the show here).

The badge that you got when you paid your $15 entry fee

It is the first time that I've been to the show and there was a lot to see. There was a lot of damage to the wallet too.

l bought a small book of scrap-booking card. I think it would make great gift tags. I like the paper because it's not too girly.

The not too girly scrap book paper that I got for $3 - Score!

I ducked over to the Voodoo Rabbit stand asked them if they had any nautical fabrics. The lady who served me was fantastic. I've been wanting to visit their store in West End for aaages. I really should go.

The lovely 'nautical' fabrics from Voodoo Rabbit - $5 a pop. So worth it they feel lovely and soft

I also bought a daylight lamp from 'The Scissorman'. At the moment my craft room gets really dark at night and I have to turn on like 3 lights to barely see anything. So I just did it.
$50 folding lamp for my craft room

I bought a bobbin tower and silk pins from Punch with Judy. I've wanted the bobbin tower for years. YEARS. I had never come across these in the flesh so I jumped on the chance to buy it. Then when I brought it home I realised that it probably wasn't the best choice seeing as now I'm storing my thread and bobbins in the rack I showed you back here. Oh well. It will come in used in future no doubt.
I've been lusting after silk pins ever since Susan Khalje mentioned them in her 'The Couture Dress' Craftsy class.
Bobbin Tower $24.50 and Silk Pins $8

On our way out Sarah and I skipped by Patchwork Collections and I came across this lush fabric. So I just HAD to buy a couple of 1/2 metres.

Luscious quilting fabric $11 each


The big purchase of the day was a sewing machine cabinet from Horn Australia. I've been thinking about buying one for ages. I looked on Gumtree to see if there were many for sale. There were a few, but it was very hit and miss (mostly miss) I decided that I'd prefer to buy a new one. It so happened that they had a special for the show - a discount as well as getting the sewing machine insert thrown in as well. So I bit the bullet and bought it there. It hasn't been brought home yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it :)
new sewing cabinet yet to be delivered-$799


If I were to go again I think I'd do more planning. I would have liked to participate in a few of the workshops and make sessions.

There is another show later in the year. I don't know if I'd go to that one too, but we'll see. Only time will tell :)

Until next time, hope your doing new and exciting things.
Vanessa xo

P.S. If you follow my via an RSS reader you may have noticed a draft version of this post got published by accident. Woops! Gotta enjoy a bit of technical difficulties between the seat and the keyboard (read: human error)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really like reading your comments, so drop me a line by clicking to comment

Please don't comment anonymously though - you can leave your email if you don't have an OpenID.